DNA Testing for Immigration Matters
DNA testing is a critical step in the immigration process. A DNA test may be requested to prove a relationship between petitioner and beneficiary if the U.S. Embassy or USCIS deems evidence (like a birth certificate) insufficient or inconclusive. A DNA test can prove paternity, maternity, siblingship and grandparentage. So it can be extremely helpful in immigration proceedings.
ARCpoint Labs sends all collections to an AABB accredited laboratory for analysis and results, as required by the United States government for all immigration testing.
When genetic testing appears warranted, a Consular Officer may suggest visa applicants undergo DNA testing to establish the validity of the relationship(s). Please note that such testing is entirely voluntary; and that all costs must be paid by the person initiating the testing. Payment of testing-related expenses must be received in advance. ARCpoint is not responsible for guaranteeing visa issuance upon official receipt of test results.
Available Immigration DNA Testing
If birth certificates or other documentation that would ordinarily be used to substantiate claimed biological relationships is missing, destroyed or unavailable, immigration DNA testing is a reliable alternative to prove relationships.
Certain basic information is required to process and schedule DNA testing for immigration purposes, including:
- All required government paperwork and documents
- Names of all individuals involved in the test
- Current contact information for all individuals involved
- A postal address or email address where results can be sent
- A valid payment method
When you come to ARCpoint Labs, we will follow best practices to ensure your DNA test will be approved and accepted by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Regardless of where your relatives live, we oversee and coordinate every step of the immigration testing portion of the process.
Typical Immigration DNA Tests
- Maternity DNA – This test verifies DNA matches in legitimate mother/child relationships.
- Paternity DNA – This test verifies DNA matches in legitimate father/child relationships.
- Kinship DNA – A kinship test identifies legitimate relationship between two or more individuals who claim a biological relationship, e.g. niece or nephew/aunt or uncle, child/grandparent.
ARCpoint Labs sends all collections to an AABB accredited laboratory for analysis and results, which is mandated by the United States government and is required for all immigration testing. We recommend consulting with a State Department or embassy representative to verify which relationships meet the immigration criteria for your purposes.
Work with a trusted partner to fulfill your client’s immigration DNA testing needs; contact your nearest ARCpoint Labs today!
Accurate. Reliable. Confidential Testing.